Musically speaking, 2020 was a great year for Kenyan artists. If you ask me, I’ll tell you that I have never seen a year with as many great collabos like the ones that dropped in the last 12 months.
One might say that local artists had more studio time because of the COVID-19 pandemic which led to cancellation of shows to reduce its spread but that is neither here nor there.
As the year comes to an end, I decided to do a list of collabos that made us hit the replay button a couple many times and left us yearning for more.
Anyway, here they are in no particular order. Please note that this is my personal opinion.
1. Otile Brown ft Meddy – Dusuma
2. Femi One ft Mejja – Utawezana
3. Nadia Mukami ft Sanaipei Tande – Wangu
4. Khaligraph Jones ft Bien – Yes Bana
5. Mbogi Genje X Richy Haniel ft Mejja
6. Ssaru ft Mejja – Leo
7. Nyashinski ft Chris Kaiga – Hapo Tu
8. Otile Brown ft Mejja – Watoto Na Pombe
9. Parroty X Kabagazi X OneBoy ft Mejja – Lewa
10. Tanasha Donna ft Mbosso – La Vie
January 15, 2021