Maybe you’ve noticed, maybe you haven’t but in the last few years, our local musicians have had some very good music videos.
Artists have learnt that that a good music video is part of the package and it will play a significant role on how their songs are received. As such, they have been going out of their way to seek the services of the best videographers.
Truth is, Kenya has no shortage of gifted music video directors. They are so many. I’m not even exaggerating. However, today we’ll talk about the ones whose works we’ve been seeing a lot in the last few years.
That said, here are 10 super talented Kenyan music video directors in no particular order.
1. Ricky Bekko – He directed Ethic’s Position, Rawbeena’s Romantic, Femi One’s Hiyo One, Nadi Mukami Radio Love among others.
2. VJ One – He directed most of Naiboi’s songs including Dinda, Usipime Mwanaume, Somaga, Gudi Gudi. He also worked on Nameless’ Voloyoom, Mega Rider among others.
3. Ivan Odie – He directed Tunji’s Mat Za Ronga (Remix), Ochunglo Family’s Na Iwake (Remix), Steph Kapela’s Too Easy among others.
4. Trey Juelz – He directed Khaligraph’s Juu Ya Ngori, Kelechi Africana’s Superwoman, Rojo Mo’s Ni Wewe, Khaligraph ft Msupa S’ Watajua Hawajui among others.
5. Enos Olik – He needs no introduction. Enos is the brains behind most videos in Kenya. Some of his latest work include; Timmy Tdat ft Rosa Ree’s Kipopo, Masauti’s Kiboko Remix featuring Khaligraph, Otile Brown ft Khaligraph’s Japo Kidogo, Gilad ft Dela’s Fire.
6. X Antonio – He directed Otile Brown’s Baby Love, Chaguo La Moyo, Mapenzi Hisia, Aje Anione among others.
7. Johnson Kyallo – Some of his notable works include; Femi One ft Kristoff’s Tippy Toe, Mbithi’s Msichana Mmoja, Arrow Bwoy’s Murder, Rosa’s Ride among others.
8. J. Blessing – He is also a household name having worked with some of the biggest name. Some of his latest videos include; Avril’s Kitoko, Wahu’s Sifa, Fik Fameica’s Tonsukuma among others.
9. Moses Osidiana – He directed Drinks Na Mayenx by Bon Eye, Brian Narrates and Konkodi, Le Band’s Move, Konkodi’s Gaza among others.
10. Nezzoh Monts – He directed Naiboi’s I Wanna Be, Arrow Bwoy’s Lover Man and Digi Digi, Nadia Mukami’s African Lover, Si Rahisi among others.
Honourable mentions; Mike Lolly P, Kevin Bosco Jnr, Dambiz and Joweezy.
Comme ci, comme ça
December 6, 2019