Download More Music

Watch: Eko Dydda’s phone snatched during Live interview on Citizen TV

April 22, 2020 at 13:17
Watch: Eko Dydda's phone snatched during Live interview on Citizen TV

Embattled gospel artiste, Eko Dydda who was forced into quarantine early in the week, had his phone snatched in an attempt to talk to the media.

Eko Dydda was arrested on the 18th of April after he dashed to Nairobi to get medication for his wife, only for his car to develop mechanical issues on his way back.

By the time he was done and trying to return home before the stipulated curfew hours, the police had caught up with him, took him to the station and had him spend the night there.

Eko Dydda

Gospel musician, Eko Dydda

Interview gone sour

Citizen TV’s Waihiga Mwaura tried reaching the gospel artist to provide further insight on the happening of events following his arrest.

The conversation started off well, with the singer disclosing they had all been moved from the quarantine facility at KMTC, and back to their previous locations.

I am not sure why, but we have all been moved from KMTC back to the stations where we were taken from. I’m currently at Kilimani police station.

Eko Dyyda

Giving a recount of the fateful day he landed in the arms of the Law:

I had gone for medicine for my wife, and by bad luck, I had issues with my car and I got late. I was arrested, taken to Kilimani police station and my vehicle was towed.


If I would go back in time, I don’t know what I would do differently. Probably I would have walked home. Things happen, and you can’t plan for that. I hadn’t planned for my wife to have an attack late in the evening.

Gospel artiste, Eko Dydda with wife

However, the interview got cut short after a male voice in the background reprimanded him to hand over his phone, therefore cutting off communication.

Eko Dydda leta hiyo simu! (hand that phone).

The journalist acknowledged the interruption, promising to inform Kenyans once they got in touch with Eko Dydda.

We have been trying to reach Eko Dydda, remember we were speaking to him earlier on and it seems his phone has been taken away. When we reach him, we shall let you know.

Eko Dydda

Speaking to, Mrs Dydda said that since the interview, the artist’s phone has been off.

I have not reached him (since his interview last night). His phone has been off. I believe he is doing fine.



in News