Vera Sidika has been a feature within Kenyan pop culture ever since she first featured as the video vixen on P-Unit’s breakout single, You Guy. Since then, she has been a mainstay in every entertainment publication and we have seen her go from being broke and ashy to actually becoming fabulous (pesa ni sabuni).
But the question that has eluded many is, “How did she make her millions”? We saw her go from being homeless to her owning mansions and driving the most exotic and luxurious cars. But what was her secret?
It is a lot more simple than you would even believe. Think of Occam’s Razor on this one. Rather than having grand conspiracy theories of how everything played out, I am here to tell you precisely how Vera Sidika achieved her wealth.
She set up a channel for herself to sell supplement products and herbal teas. It sounds too simple to be true right? It isn’t. She new she had the envy of nearly every woman in Kenya and East Africa. They all wanted to look like her and she knew it. What makes her stand out from most celebrities is the fact that she realised she could monetize this fact.
Vera Sidika was essentially the first female celebrity to venture into the wellness and cosmetic business before anyone had thought it lucrative.
And so she began selling the generic options but as her money grew, she decided to brand them so she could create a sense of affiliation with her target market. And the business took off!
But how does she get her products? It actually isn’t too difficult; she gets the generic product from China and has them customized. It is a pretty straightforward endeavour with the marketing aspect being the more difficult bit of things. But with her star power, Vera Sidika has got that covered.
However, if you are thinking of also dipping your toes into this lucrative business, then I would like to recommend a partner for you:
Co-op Bank has a product just for you! It’s called Chapa Pay.
Co-op Bank now runs an online card payment solution to make your business thrive at no extra cost. If you conduct business on digital platforms, you can receive online card payments from your customers.
You can accept payments from any location on the globe without a check-out platform integration or website.
Co-op Bank offers online payment solutions to businesses, giving them room to expand and venture across the borders. They are providing a secure and conducive platform to conduct business.
Here is a step by guide on how the online payments solutions work:
- A business owner registers with Co-op Bank to get a unique link known as Pay-By-Link, which they use to invoice their clients.
- A potential customer contacts the business owner and agrees on the desired good or service pricing.
- Next, the business owner will send the unique payment link to the client’s emails address.
- The customer receives the unique link via email. Upon opening the email, they are directed to a portal to input their card details and process the payments.
- The trader receives a notification via email and SMS with the details of the payments.
- If the customer has subscribed to SMS alerts with the service provider, they receive a notification informing them of the purchase.
How Ecommerce Solutions Work for Businesses With Mobile Apps and Websites
For businesses that have adopted mobile application (APPs) and web check-out platforms, the Pay-By-Link solution optimizes their operations and efficiency by offering a payment solution that provides the following to its customers:
- Reliability: Once adopted by a business, the solutions operate 24/7.
- Simplicity: Pay-By-Link solutions are easy, quick, and easy to implement.
- Convenience: Customers can overcome geographical limitations and purchase goods and services from any location on the globe.
- Safety: Co-op Bank eCommerce solution comes with a data security standard compliant payment card that ensures customer data security and safety.
- Customer experience: Customers get 24/7 support with a dedicated relationship manager on standby.
What Are the Advantages of Co-op Bank Pay-By-Link Ecommerce Solution?
Small scale traders benefit a lot from the eCommerce solution, for they level their game with established businesses that have long dominated the eCommerce sector in regional and international markets.
Here are ways how small business owners benefit from the online payment platform:
- Small and established businesses do not incur costs when onboarding the Pay-By-Link online solution.
- All card payments come secured with two-factor authentication via 3D security protocols. Customer data and privacy are top priorities.
- Dispute resolution is simplified. If a customer pays over the actual price, the seller can initiate a reversal of the payments from his end.
- The hustle and bustle of involving the bank to mediate between the buyer and seller avoided making transactions more efficient.
- Businesses have a secure platform to process their payments. After making a payment, a customer cannot initiate a reversal for the purchase made. The platform protects small businesses from theft.
- The platform offers an avenue for accountability. A business owner can track transactions to view and reconcile payments in real-time via a single dashboard.
As an investor, you can now enjoy the benefits of cross-border trade as you transact on a safe, reliable, and efficient platform to grow your business.
Sign up for Pay-By-Link by Co-op Bank and go global today.
November 20, 2022
November 12, 2022
November 12, 2022