School has started and in alot of areas in Kenya, it is raining cats and dogs. That means that a lot of kids have been eating more than ever as they struggle to consume enough calories to keep them warm.
Don’t think so? Well, think back to when you were in school. And for us this season of cold weather coincided with term two. And one of the things that always happened in the second term is that we would always eat more grub than usual.
I remember that this was the term I struggled with my allowance the most. It was cold and I was always hungry and to add on to that, the second term was when most of the school functions in the calendar year fell into.
So not only was I hungry but I had a date or two planned. And my allowance always took a beating. And if you know your child is like I was back then, then you know this school term, you will have to top up the allowance you have given them.
So how can you ensure your child is comfortable enough to focus on school? Co-op Bank has got you covered. You can conveniently deposit your kids allowance or pocket money on a Co-opPay prepaid card.
And the benefit of this is that you can also start training them on how to responsibly handle their money. Not only do you get the convenience of the entire system but through the Co-opPay prepaid card, they will have all the power that comes with having money at hand but also learn how to be responsible with their expenditure. Say you decide to deposit a weekly allowance, they have to learn how to manage that amount and you can get to see just how well this is handled.
I hear you asking how this would actually work. Well,
- Your child will be able to pay for items at their school canteens at No Extra cost.
- You can keep track of your child’s spending by getting a Mini statement of the card at a Co-op Kwa Jirani agent or via SMS alerts
- You no longer need to travel all the way to the school to hand over money to your child, you can simply load the card at any Co-op Kwa Jirani agent..
- Your children are also able to withdraw money using the card from any Co-op ATMs or Co-op Kwa Jirani agents outside school.
- You don’t need an account with Co-op bank to enjoy the benefits of the card
- No extra charges will be incurred in transactions using the card.
See? You get to kill two birds with one stone. Find out more about the Co-opPay prepaid card here.
December 15, 2022
December 15, 2022