Betty Kyallo announced her most recent business venture which aims to ensure you and your best friend look as elegant as you possibly can without putting too much of a strain on your pockets. But this is not about all that jazz, its about the idea behind the business venture and how you too can execute it as a side hustle and make some coin.
You see, the former TV star is known for her sense of style and fashionable outfits so its safe to say that this is a bit of a passion project for her. Whenever she steps out, her hair is often coiffed just right and her makeup done to hide the crows feet but also her dresses and outfits are often impeccable.
Betty Kyallo seems to have realised a long time ago that one must always dress as they want to be addressed and this is down to the fact that despite your pastor’s best protestations, we as a species are visual creatures. We evolved to judge a book by its metaphorical cover because sometimes our lives and safety depended on it.
That is why when you want to step out for a fun night, you get dolled up. When you’re going for a job interview, you get dressed in the appropriate attire and when you want to make an impression of any sort, you put on your fanciest jewellery and get dressed to the nines.
But how can you turn such a passion (if you share a passion similar Betty Kyallo’s) into a business? Well, it is not that hard when you actually set your mind to it. You see, what you first need to do is identify the source of your clothes. And there are two ways you can do that; either source for them from China or go the Gikomba route.
And the Gikomba route is nothing short of brilliant because of the amounts of gems you are assured to find. However, it is very time consuming. You have to identify and create a relationship with wholesale dealers who bring in the clothes in bales. From there, you next have to sort out the clothes while keeping a keen eye on quality. And when all this is done, you then have to start preparing the clothes so they don’t look too rumpled and creased. Then, depending on your clientele, you might want to do some dry cleaning to remove the smell of moth balls from the clothes.
And if you choose to go the China route, then there are one of two ways to actually get it done, you can either fly to China to select the clothes on the ground -which, lets face it, not everyone can afford to actually do OR you could order for your clothes online and take advantage of drop shipping.
I would say it is an educated guess that this is the very route Betty Kyallo took (because if she had gone to china, we would have seen her plaster the pictures of her oriental adventures all over social media. Also, she is a very busy woman running multiple ventures so the click of a button seems like the more appealing option for her.
Once all this is done, then the only thing that remains now would be the payment and that is where Co-op Bank would come in as the perfect partner for you!
How Ecommerce Solutions Work for Businesses Without Websites
Co-op Bank now runs an online card payment solution to make your business thrive at no extra cost. If you conduct business on digital platforms, you can receive online card payments from your customers.
You can accept payments from any location on the globe without a check-out platform integration or website.
Co-op Bank offers online payment solutions to businesses, giving them room to expand and venture across the borders. They are providing a secure and conducive platform to conduct business.
Here is a step by guide on how the online payments solutions work:
- A business owner registers with Co-op Bank to get a unique link known as Pay-By-Link, which they use to invoice their clients.
- A potential customer contacts the business owner and agrees on the desired good or service pricing.
- Next, the business owner will send the unique payment link to the client’s emails address.
- The customer receives the unique link via email. Upon opening the email, they are directed to a portal to input their card details and process the payments.
- The trader receives a notification via email and SMS with the details of the payments.
- If the customer has subscribed to SMS alerts with the service provider, they receive a notification informing them of the purchase.
How Ecommerce Solutions Work for Businesses With Mobile Apps and Websites
For businesses that have adopted mobile application (APPs) and web check-out platforms, the Pay-By-Link solution optimizes their operations and efficiency by offering a payment solution that provides the following to its customers:
- Reliability: Once adopted by a business, the solutions operate 24/7.
- Simplicity: Pay-By-Link solutions are easy, quick, and easy to implement.
- Convenience: Customers can overcome geographical limitations and purchase goods and services from any location on the globe.
- Safety: Co-op Bank eCommerce solution comes with a data security standard compliant payment card that ensures customer data security and safety.
- Customer experience: Customers get 24/7 support with a dedicated relationship manager on standby.
What Are the Advantages of Co-op Bank Pay-By-Link Ecommerce Solution?
Small scale traders benefit a lot from the eCommerce solution, for they level their game with established businesses that have long dominated the eCommerce sector in regional and international markets.
Here are ways how small business owners benefit from the online payment platform:
- Small and established businesses do not incur costs when onboarding the Pay-By-Link online solution.
- All card payments come secured with two-factor authentication via 3D security protocols. Customer data and privacy are top priorities.
- Dispute resolution is simplified. If a customer pays over the actual price, the seller can initiate a reversal of the payments from his end.
- The hustle and bustle of involving the bank to mediate between the buyer and seller avoided making transactions more efficient.
- Businesses have a secure platform to process their payments. After making a payment, a customer cannot initiate a reversal for the purchase made. The platform protects small businesses from theft.
- The platform offers an avenue for accountability. A business owner can track transactions to view and reconcile payments in real-time via a single dashboard.
As an investor, you can now enjoy the benefits of cross-border trade as you transact on a safe, reliable, and efficient platform to grow your business.
Sign up for Pay-By-Link by Co-op Bank and go global today.
August 30, 2022
August 18, 2022