Becoming a banking agent in lots of ways attracts new customers into your business premises. As a business offers banking services, it markets it gainfully markets its brand. This exposure means more clients, thus more sales.
Co-op Kwa Jirani enables customers to carry out all banking transactions through an agent appointed by the bank.
Co-op Bank’s Agency Banking mostly entails cash deposit taking, cash withdrawals, school fees payments, utility payments, balance enquiry, mini-statements among others. One needs to have an account with Co-operative Bank to work as an agent.
The minimum balance of an agent will be determined by one’s appraisal forwarded to the Co-operative Bank.
Who can use Co-op Kwa Jirani?
Customers, non-customers, SACCO-link members, Co-operatives, MCU customers, SME customers and corporates.
You don’t have to be a Co-op Bank account holder to apply to be an agent.
The baseline requirements:
This is as easy as ABC. At your nearest Co-op Bank branch, fill in an application form and submit the following documents along with the application form:
- Certificate of good conduct (for the individual)
- PIN certificate
- Bank statements if you are not a Co-op Bank account holder
- Business permits for the last 12 months
- Current business permit
- Certificate of registration
- Copy of ID or equivalent
- Two passport size photographs
- Business owners’ or directors’ CVs
- CBK Form 3 & CBK Form 4 witnessed by Commissioner of Oaths
For corporates and SACCOs, the following additional documents will be required:
- Audited books of accounts for the last two years
- Resolution to carry out agency banking
- SASRA approval for FOSA’s
- VAT registration (where applicable)
- The applicable fees to facilitate approval are:
- CBK application fee – Ksh 1,000
- Float placement – Determined by customer limit which is arrived at during appraisal
To learn all about Co-op Kwa Jirani visit the online portal, by clicking here. Alternatively, visit the nearest Co-op Bank branch – the bank staff will be ready to actively assist you sort out any queries.
August 11, 2022