Trade Finance refers to an external source of working capital finance. It is a form of short-term credit typically used by companies that export or import goods.
It’s usually secured against goods, or backed by an insurance policy.
In Kenya, Co-operative Bank has demystified trade finance for their business customers, by availing various instruments.
These instruments are:
- Bid Bonds
- Letters of Credit
- Performance Bonds
- Custom Bonds
- Advance Payment Guarantees
- Credit Guarantees
What business solutions does Co-op Bank offer?
- LPO Financing
- Bills Discounting
- Invoice Discounting
- Post Import Finance/Import Duty Finance
- Supply Chain Finance/Distributor Finance
What benefits does Co-op Bank clients enjoy
- Quick processing time
- Manage risk and negotiate credit terms
- Flexible repayment period
- Secure work permits for foreigners working for your business
- Unsecured Trade Facilities
What Requirements are needed to secure Trade Finance with Co-op Bank?
- Duly filled application form
- Tender advert (where applicable)
- Copies of the Company Directors’ IDs and KRA PIN Certificates
- Company’s KRA PIN Certificate, Tax Compliance Certificate, Articles of Association and MOU, and Certificate by Registrar of Companies (CR12).
- Latest bank statements (minimum 12 months) for other Bank Accounts held by the company and related companies.
There are alot of opportunities up for grabs. This facility is available to customers, at all Co-op Bank branches countrywide. Visit to talk to an agent, or check online to learn more.
November 20, 2022
November 12, 2022