by Martin Oduor
Banks closed their doors on Wednesday and Thursday as Kenyans went to cast votes. The two day break disrupted banking services, but not for smart Kenyans.
How did people deposit money on Wednesday and Thursday? How did they make NHIF Payments, County Payments and other government payments when Wednesday and Thursday were public holiday?
Well, only smart people using Co-op Kwa Jirani were only able to make these transactions while other waited for banks to re-open on Friday.
Kwa Jirani has taken over villages and estates across Kenya because they operate on weekdays, weekends and even during public holidays.
For starters, Kwa Jirani are accredited Co-operative agents who operate in estates and villages where traditionally bank branches are not found. Banking at a Co-op Kwa Jirani agent is as good as banking at a Co-op bank branch.
The services offered at Kwa Jirani agent were available on Wednesday and Thursday when Banks remained closed because of election. This why smart Kenyas were able to enjoy banking services when other were still waiting for banks to open on Friday.
Below are the services offered at Co-op Kwa Jirani:
1.Cash Withdrawals (From Co-op Account / SACCO Account / Fethalink)
2. Cash Deposits (To Co-op Account / SACCO Account / Fethalink)
3. Funds Transfer (To Co-op Account / SACCO Account / Fethalink)
4. School/College/ university Fees payments ( You can pay via cash or using a Co-op Visa Card)
5. You can pay utility bills Utility Bills Payment
6. You can check your Account balance ( Co-op Account, Sacco Link account, and KenSwitch affiliated banks)
7. You get your account mini-statement ( Co-op Account, Sacco Link account, and KenSwitch affiliated banks)
8. Other payments that you can make at a Co-op Kwa Jirani agent include:
Other Government Payments e.g. KRA
Ultimate keyboard ninja dedicated to bringing you the juiciest stories on blogosphere
February 21, 2020