A fire broke out inside popular nightclub, Tribeka Lounge in Nairobi on Monday afternoon but there were no causalities.
According to reports, the fire was caused after an oil cooking fryer burst into flames at the establishment along Banda Street, CBD.
A Waitress who spoke to Nairobi News, said that the fryer couldn’t go off and once they unplugged it, it burst out into flames.
“The oil in the cooker just kept on boiling. My colleague tried to switch it off but it could not go off. That is when we removed the socket from the main switch and it burst into flames.” she said.
Firefighters from the Nairobi County responded and contained the fire before it could spread.
National Disaster Management Digital Officer Peter Kung’u said the staff, however, were able to contain most of the fire before the Nairobi county firefighters arrived.
JUST IN: Fire fighters manage to put out fire reported at Tribeka bar and restaurant on Banda Street, Nairobi. pic.twitter.com/RHk67U7uvG
— The Swype ™ (@TheSwype) September 10, 2018
I write entertainment stories as well review and critic local music. Apart from my busy schedule you can catch me on social pages by clicking on them below
July 2, 2020