NTV, the third largest TV station in Kenya according to the March 2020 Geopoll report, has made a habit of cracking up Kenyans with funny captions, especially during the prime time news.
If you are an avid internet user, like myself I am sure you’ve come across photos of the said captions on social media as you’re going about your business.
So I thought, why not make a list of the ones that left me on the floor? And that’s why we are gathered here today, so without further ado, here they are:
1. When President Uhuru Kenyatta was imploring Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko and Nairobi Metropolitan Service (NMS) Director-General Mohamed Badi to work together, this is what NTV went for:
2. When Bayern Munich beat Barcelona 8-2, this is what they went for:
3. This is what NTV went for when Manchester City was beaten 3-1 by Lyon in the UEFA quarter finals:
4. When the station wanted to highlight the importance of menstrual health hygiene this is what they went for:
5. This is what NTV went for when Kieni MP Kanini Kega and Garissa Township MP Aden Duale exchanged words in parliament over a bribery scandal.
6. When President Uhuru Kenyatta met his Tanzanian counterpart John Pombe Magufuli, this is what NTV ran with:
7. When some thugs were caught on CCTV stealing from a liquor store, this is what the NTV went for:
8. Last but not least and my all time favourite is when Benson Mutura replaced Beatrice Elachi as the Nairobi County Assembly Speaker. This is what the station had:
December 4, 2020
“You kiss your son with that filthy mouth?” Fans defend Frasha after Bridget Achieng calls him out for ‘clout chasing’
December 4, 2020